PHILLIPS PRISON MINISTRY
The Phillips Prison Ministry will minister at the Transitional Center at Phillips to those inmates that are being prepared to be released back into our community.
Our mission statement is transforming and unchaining the lives of the incarcerated by inviting them into the love, light and salvation of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 3:17 says, “Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
Our goals are:
- To minister to the men every Friday night from 7pm-8:30pm including a time of worship, Bible study, fellowship and refreshments.
- To share the message of salvation and enable them to be born again.
- To begin to train the believers and help them to become disciples for Jesus by facilitating a weekly time of worship and Bible Study with them.
- To begin to minister God’s freedom to the men. Even though these men are not free physically yet, they can begin the journey of freedom: freedom from sin, freedom from pain, freedom from depression, etc. We want to allow the Holy Spirit to change their perception and their frame of mind by ministering the Truth of God’s Word.
- To begin bringing them to VHM for weekend services and to the Men’s Ministry meetings.
- To mentor them after they are released and to help them to begin making the transition back into society.
For more information and/or to volunteer, please contact the ministry leader David Rolax here.