PHILLIPS PRISON MINISTRY
The Phillips Prison Ministry ministers at the Transitional Center at Phillips the first three Friday evenings of each month to the inmates that are being prepared to be released back into our community. The ministry also ministers to all the men in the main prison with worship and the Word of God, once per month, on the 2nd Friday of each month.
Our mission statement is transforming and unchaining the lives of the incarcerated by inviting them into the love, light and salvation of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 3:17 says, “Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
Our goals are:
- To minister to the men in the Transitional Center every Friday night from 7-8:30pm including a time of worship, Bible study, fellowship and refreshments.
- To minister to the men in the main prison once per month with worship and the Word of God, bring them to salvation and help them begin a spiritual journey with the Lord.
- To begin to train the believers and help them to become disciples for Jesus by facilitating a weekly time of worship and Bible Study with them.
- To begin to minister God’s freedom to the men. Even though these men are not free physically yet, they can begin the journey of freedom: freedom from sin, freedom from pain, freedom from depression, etc. We want to allow the Holy Spirit to change their perception and their frame of mind by ministering the Truth of God’s Word.
- To begin bringing them to Victory Hamilton Mill for weekend services and to the Men’s Ministry meetings.
- To mentor them after they are released and to help them to begin making the transition back into society.
For more information and/or to volunteer, please contact the ministry leader by clicking here.