|1. When and where does Married Life meet?
- When: Sundays, 6-8pm
- Where: Middle School Auditorium | 5985 Financial Drive, Norcross, GA 30071
2. What does a typical night at Married Life “look like”?
The format of Married Life Sunday Nights is as follows:
- 6:00 – 6:35pm – Large Group Time (Worship & Testimony/Lesson)
- 6:35 – 8:00pm – Breakout Session / Married Life Group Time
Married Life Sunday Nights (MLSN) Breakout Sessions: Couples or individuals whose spouse isn’t willing to attend, are welcome to start working on their marriage immediately. Breakout Sessions meet week-to-week working through a marriage curriculum while waiting to get into a Married Life Group.
- Registration is not required for Married Life Sunday Nights.
- Fee: Free
3. My marriage is doing well. Can we benefit from attending Married Life?
Yes. We believe good marriages don’t happen on accident and every marriage can benefit from Married Life no matter how long they have been married or how strong the marriage is. Married Life is a safe place for couples to reconnect.
4. Will I be asked a lot of personal questions at Married Life?
There is no personal sharing required during the large group meeting. Though we encourage you to remain active in group discussion, any personal sharing during the small group meetings is voluntary.
5. How do I know that what I share at Married Life will be kept confidential? Will it be a safe place to share?
We believe that scripture (Proverbs 11:13) calls us to refrain from gossip. We ask all participants and facilitators to adhere to these guidelines. What is discussed in the group stays in the group. Married Life facilitators are encouraged to operate under the direction of God’s Word in handling the information shared in the group. In order to provide a safe environment, the facilitators have committed to not share information about others outside the group except in the event of a threat of physical, emotional or spiritual injury. If this occurs, the Married Life staff will handle it accordingly.
6. Can I be honest with people about what is going on in our marriage?
Our prayer is that you will feel safe to share within your small group. We find that the more authentic and transparent a couple can be with others, the more they find hope and healing within their marriage.
7. Is Married Life marriage guidance?
Married Life is marriage guidance, but the leaders are facilitators not counselors. They are also growing in their own marriages. Everyone in the group is on the journey to oneness in marriage. We believe that openness and honesty in a small group setting, using biblically-based curriculum, is where God works to grow and resurrect marriages.
8. Do you provide childcare?
Yes, we do provide childcare for children 0-5th grade. Please keep in mind that childcare is limited and may be closed during busy seasons. There is a possibility you may need to secure outside childcare.
9. Can I just come and visit, or do I have to commit to something?
Until you join a Married Life Group, there is no commitment necessary.
10. How much time each week outside of the meeting is required to be a part of Married Life?
Completion of the curriculum will take approximately 15–20 minutes each week. The time required will vary, but it is designed for minimal time commitment.
11. What commitment do I have to make?
Once you join a Married Life Group, working through the Married Life curriculum will require a 9 or 12 week commitment. This is the time in which the group is working through the curriculum together.
12. I don’t know if I’ll have a marriage by the end of the month. Is Married Life a good place for us?
Absolutely! While the outcome is based on the work each individual is willing to do to save their marriage, the platform provides a safe place to focus on what a healthy marriage should look like, and it provides some tools to help grow toward this goal.
13. We don’t like spending time with each other anymore. Will we have to interact together?
While you will be in a small group together, each of you will be sharing about what you learn personally each week. However, there are some exercises that may require you to interact with each other throughout the process.
14. I have no hope anymore. Is this a place where we can find hope?
Our prayer is that you will find hope that can come through allowing God to do a mighty work within your marriage.
15. We have only been married for a few months. Can we still come?
Absolutely! In fact, participating in Married Life at this stage in your marriage is a great idea! The program will provide a strong foundation for your marriage.
16. We are thinking about getting married (or are engaged). Is this ministry for us?
Victory World Church offers a premarital curriculum through Married Life Ministry. We suggest you elect to focus on marriage preparation through our PreMarried Life class.